As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you ever wondered how to display your longboard as a piece of art on your wall? Hanging a longboard on the wall not only saves space but also adds a unique and stylish touch to your home decor. If you’re a longboard enthusiast looking for a creative way to showcase your prized possession, I’ve got you covered!
In this article, I’ll guide you through the step-by-step process of hanging a longboard on the wall, from choosing the right mounting hardware to ensuring a secure and visually appealing display. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced DIYer, you’ll find all the information you need to transform your longboard into a stunning wall decoration.
So, grab your tools and get ready to turn your longboard into a functional and eye-catching piece of wall art that will impress your friends and showcase your passion for this exhilarating sport. Let’s dive in and learn how to hang a longboard on the wall like a pro!
How to Hang a Longboard Without Nails
Hanging your Longboard on the wall without the use of nails is a great way to display your favorite board while also preserving the condition of your wall. Here’s a step-by-step guide to hanging a Longboard without nails:
1. Measure the desired height:
Before installing a plastic hook for hanging a Longboard, it is important to determine the desired height. This height should align with the upper trucks of the Longboard when it is hung vertically. To do this, measure and mark the desired height on two points on your wall. Then, draw a thin line to connect these two points. This line will serve as a guide for installing the plastic hook at the correct height.
2. Prepare the wall (optional):
Clean the wall surface using a soft cloth and a cleaning agent like vinegar. Wipe away any dust or grease to ensure a clean mounting surface.
3. Mount the hooks:
Remove the adhesive strip from the plastic hooks and replace them with 5lb adhesive strips for a more secure mount. Peel off the backing of the adhesive strip, position the plastic hook on the marked line, and press firmly against the wall. Let the hooks sit and cure for about an hour to ensure a sturdy grip.
4. Hang the Longboard:
There are two methods to hang the Longboard.
- With trucks: Route the fishing nylon around the deck and below the upper trucks. The tension on the rope should run beneath the upper Longboard truck and on the plastic hook.
- Without trucks: Use a T-tool to remove the trucks from the Longboard. Route the fishing nylon through the two upper holes of the truck bolts and tie it firmly.
Once the Longboard is securely attached to the hooks, you can enjoy your Longboard wall display without any damage to your wall.
What You Will Need to Hang Longboard Deck on Wall Without Nails
To hang a Longboard deck on the wall without using nails, you will need the following materials:
- Plastic hooks: These hooks are designed specifically for hanging items without leaving any damage to the wall. Look for high-quality brands such as Command, which offer hooks with a weight capacity of more than 2 lbs.
- Adhesive strips: While the original adhesive on the plastic hooks may work initially, it is recommended to replace them with Command adhesive strips for a more secure and long-lasting mount. These strips can hold a weight of around 2.2kg (5lbs), which is sufficient for an average-weight Longboard.
- Mono fishing nylon: This thin but strong nylon rope is ideal for hanging Longboards on the wall. A line of 0.25mm is sufficient to hold the weight of a Longboard. It has a maximum load capacity of 7.7 lbs when knotted.
- T-tool and measuring tape: A T-tool will help you remove the trucks from the Longboard for easier mounting. If you don’t have a T-tool, a Phillips head screwdriver can be used as an alternative. A measuring tape is necessary to determine the correct placement of the plastic hooks on the wall.
- Cleaning products: If you want to ensure that the wall is clean and free from dust before hanging the Longboard, you can use some soft cloth and vinegar to wipe the wall surface.
By using these materials, you can hang your Longboard deck on the wall without the need for nails or screws, keeping your wall flawless while showcasing your favorite Longboard.
Hang A Deck With A Nail Or A Screw
When it comes to hanging your deck on the wall, you have the option of using a nail or a screw. Both methods work well and it’s up to your personal preference and the tools you have available. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to hang a deck with a nail or a screw:
- Choose your fastener: Whether you have nails or screws on hand, either will work just fine for hanging your deck. If you have both available, it’s recommended to go with the screw as it will do less damage to your wall.
- Prepare your wall: Clean the wall surface using a soft cloth and a cleaning agent to ensure a clean mounting surface. Remove any dust or grease that could interfere with the adhesive.
- Drive in the nail or screw: If you’re using a nail, grab your hammer and drive it into the wall at a slight downward angle. For a screw, use a screwdriver to place it in the wall, making sure to go slowly and keep the head slightly planted downward. Drive the nail or screw in about halfway, ensuring it is securely in the wall.
- Hang the deck: If you’re using a nail, tie a fishing line or string to the topmost screw holes of the deck. Insert the string into the remaining holes and tie a tight knot at the front. Hang the deck on the nail with the string or fishing line, making sure it is secure. If you’re using a screw, insert the two bolts in the two screw holes on top of the board and secure them with T-nuts.
Using a nail or a screw is a simple and effective way to hang your deck on the wall, allowing you to display your favorite board while keeping your wall in good condition.
How To Hang a Longboard Deck on the Wall Vertically
If you want to display and store your longboard deck on the wall, there are a few options to choose from. Whether you prefer a DIY approach or a ready-made wall mount, here’s a guide on how to hang your longboard deck on the wall vertically.
1. DIY Wall-Mount for Your Longboard Deck:
- Tools needed: drill, leveler
- Purchase a wall mount kit or the items separately (wall anchor, wall mount plate, wall screw, bolts, nuts, T-nuts)
- Drill a hole in the wall where you want to hang your longboard deck.
- Insert the wall anchor into the hole.
- Attach the bolts to the wall mount plate with the nuts.
- Place the wall mount plate over the hole and secure it tightly.
- Position your longboard deck against the plate and make any necessary adjustments.
- Attach the T-nuts to securely hang your longboard deck.
2. Floating Longboard Wall Mounts:
- Floating mounts provide a sleek, “floating” look for your longboard deck.
- SkateHoarding HoverMount and Alumy Longboard Deck Display are two popular options to consider.
- These mounts hold the longboard deck and extend flat off the wall, minimizing bulky hardware.
3. Hanging a Longboard with Fishing Line or String:
- Remove the wheels and trucks from your longboard.
- Hammer a nail into the wall where you want to hang your longboard.
- Cut around 10 inches of fishing line or string.
- Thread the line through the upper screw holes of the longboard deck.
- Tie a knot to secure the line.
- Hang the line over the nail to display your longboard on the wall.
- Alternatively, use old shoelaces or colorless string for a different aesthetic.
Remember to choose a method that suits your preference and the look you want to achieve. Hanging your longboard deck on the wall vertically allows for easy storage and adds a decorative element to your space.
There are several methods for hanging a longboard on the wall, including using wall hangers, Longboard mounts, adhesive hooks or strips, and wall anchors.
Longboard mounts are specially designed brackets or racks that securely hold the Longboard deck against the wall. They typically consist of a pair of hooks or arms that hold the Longboard vertically, horizontally, or at an angle.
Yes, if you don’t want to use nails, you can opt for alternative options such as adhesive hooks or strips, wall anchors, or even a strong adhesive. These methods provide a secure hold without damaging the wall.
If you don’t want to hang your longboard on the wall, you can consider displaying it on a freestanding Longboard rack or leaning it against a wall. Some skate shops also offer custom-made decorative Longboard wall displays.
When selecting a Longboard mount, consider the weight and size of your longboard. It’s important to choose a mount with sufficient tensile strength to support your longboard and ensure secure installation.
Hanging your longboard on the wall not only provides a practical storage solution but also adds a unique and stylish touch to your home decor. So why let your longboard gather dust in a corner when you can turn it into a piece of art?
Follow these simple steps and show off your love for the sport while keeping your board safe and sound. Get ready to ride the waves and turn heads with your impressive wall display!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.